Sunday, February 15, 2009



Here's the final render- I modeled these in Alias and rendered them in Imagestudio. The white table portion of the background was part of the render scene, and after the image was rendered, I took it into photoshop and imported a picture that I took of a table in the DAAP cafe. I set the render on multiply to let the texture of the table show through. I whited out the areas behind the USB sticks and put a semi-transparent layer of white for the table surface to lighten it up. You can also import an image into a render scene with Imagestudio, which is an awesome feature, but in this case, I wanted the table to be relatively white in order to make the USBs pop. And since the tables in the cafe are similar in color to the USBs, it was more convenient to lighten up the surface the way I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment